CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Serendipity Walk

Technopreneur?
A technopreneur is specialized into high-tech and innovative business e.g. web technologies, gadgets, medicines and automation solutions. Technopreneurship is the act on engaging into technopreneur. A technopreneur is a person who is into innovative technology venture by enhancing or by developing new tech products and/or services. It starts from a good idea, develop this idea into an opportunity, and then commercialize it with a good business model.
Idea?
An idea is just whatever is before the mind when one thinks. An idea arises in a reflex, spontaneous manner, even without thinking or serious reflection, for example, when we talk about the idea of a person or a place. Very often, ideas are construed as representational images; i.e. images of some object. In other contexts, ideas are taken to be concepts, although abstract concepts do not necessarily appear as images. Many philosophers consider ideas to be a fundamental ontological category. The capacity to create and understand the meaning of ideas is considered to be an essential and defining feature of human beings.

Serendipity Walk?
Sustained walking sessions for a minimum period of thirty to sixty minutes a day, five days a week, with the correct walking posture, reduces health risks and has various overall health benefits, such as reducing the chances of cancer, type 2 diabetes, disease, anxiety and depression. Life is also increased even for individuals suffering from obesity or high blood pressure. Walking also increases bone health, especially strengthening the hip bone, and lowering the more harmful bad low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, and raises the more useful good high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol. Studies have found that walking can also prevent dementia and Alzheimer's.
Serendipity is a propensity for making fortunate discoveries while looking for something unrelated. M. E. Graebner describes serendipitous value in the context of the acquisition of a business as "windfalls that were not anticipated by the buyer prior to the deal": i.e., unexpected advantages or benefits incurred due to positive synergy effects of the merger. Serendipitous quality of innovation is highly recognized by managers and links the success of Japanese enterprises to their ability to create knowledge not by processing information but rather by "tapping the tacit and often highly subjective insights, intuitions, and hunches of individual employees and making those insights available for testing and use by the company as a whole". Serendipity is a key concept in Competitive Intelligence because it is one of the tools for avoiding Blind Spots.
My Experience….
I love doing serendipity walks. To me it means letting myself wander without any preplans, lists, agendas – and see what happens and where I end up. This is my whole experience… It was November 27, 2010 when I and my classmates decided to go to Gaisano Mall at Bajada. We didn’t plan it but it’s just that in a single second we decided to go there. We had much fun in our travel because we had a ride at our classmate’s multicab. As we arrived at the parking lot, one thing suddenly enters my mind. I want to make a program to organize the cars in parking lots. A parking lot is a cleared area that is more or less level and is intended for parking vehicles. Usually, the term refers to a dedicated area that has been provided with a durable or semi-durable surface. I want to make an automated car parking so that it will be easy for the customers to find a specific place to park their cars and it will be an advantage for the company because man power is lessen due to the automation. The process goes like this: when the customer‘s car enter the premises of the parking lot there will be a machine booth the owner must enter his/her cars’ plate number and then the machine will release a specific priority number for that car. In the specified place, there is an automated “gate” that opens when it detects that the plate number of the car assigned to it is the same as the one which is entering. If the plate number did not match the gate will not open. After we got down from the multi cab, we headed to the entrance of the mall. What I saw first as we enter their premises was a camera store. Photography is really one of my obsessions. Photography is the process, activity and art of creating still or moving pictures by recording radiation on a radiation-sensitive medium, such as a photographic film, or electronic image sensors. I really like to capture every single detail of my life here on earth. As what the song says, “a picture paint a thousand words”. I was very amazed watching those photography gadgets in that store and another thing abruptly pop out on my mind. I want to have my own photo shop or studio. I was also inspired by the person who gave a talk at our devcon a day ahead. He was very inspiring because his course was not related in photography but because it’s his passion he pursue to learn it. And now he has been handling big clients and is enjoying the fruit of his efforts. I will try to learn the basics of photography to start my journey in this matter. I am hoping that someday, I could be as successful as he was. The secrets of serendipity can be yours. Allow yourself to let go of constraints for a moment and then see where serendipity takes you. Give your brain a rest and let your intuition and imagination lead you. Feel the ‘tug’ towards a place – wander in and see/feel/hear/taste what’s there – wander on. Still walking in the mall, we arrived at the laptops sections. It was very frustrating to see all of those units and thinking when can I have one. That thing inspires me to think of a better technopreneur idea in relation to that matter. I was thinking of making my own model of laptops combining all the specifications I like from different computers, in the future. It’s a very impossible idea, especially for me, but I am not getting the .1% probability that someday I can make it. If ever I made it, I will sell it to the public in a reasonable price and I will sure the public will patronize it because it’s simply perfectly amazing because of the specifications I programmed in that unit. Hahaha Can I laugh? I remember we had a joke agreement with one of my classmates that we will only buy a laptop when it is the last model released and luckily it was the one I invented.. lol what a big joke! Daydreaming is a great example of serendipitying in your conscious and unconscious – misty wanderings that have all sorts of images and sounds – sometime becoming a crystal idea – sometimes one of those mmmmmmmmm moments. We continue to stroll around the premises of the mall and one store got my sight. It was a craft store. Doing that thing is one of my interests. I am fun of doing some arts. Then I remember what our group had proposed for our business proposal last semester. It really suits my interest. It is a customizing online shop. It customizes bags, shoes, shirts and accessories. In the site, there is an interactive program that enables the customers to make their own designs. It is very customer friendly because the program is built for beginners but runs great. That program enables you to select from different colors, shapes, figures and etc. When the customer click the finish button, his or her design will be forwarded to us and a message will prompt to them saying that there order has been forwarded and is subject to immediate processing. The exact delivery date will also be seen in that message. To ensure that the customer is not just faking us, they must input necessary important information about them and they must pay at least 50% of the total cost of the product they are ordering. After we had our lunch, we headed at the NCCC Mall because a job fair is held their and as a scholar we are required to bring to job applicants as one of the requirements for the renewal of our scholarship. When we arrived their, I was surprised because there is a slight stampede inside and outside the mall. The line was until the outside premises of the mall. It was very crowded specially in the event center because of the people roaming around. They were not organized. The people are shouting and walking everywhere. Surely if you were there you might collapse. It was then, out of the blue I picture out what I would be after graduating. I asked myself, is it the reality?. Then I think that if it is the reality I must think of something that will make the applicants comfortable and make the process organized. I am thinking of an online job fair which is very accessible to all especially now that we are on a highly advance technological kind of society. The applicants will just submit their resume in that site and the companies will just email them if they are subjects for interview. By this idea, it will lessen the effort in both sides of the company and applicant because they will not be meeting only just to check the applicants resume. It is a very convenient way. People can apply wherever they maybe. As I was reading the qualifications of one of the companies who participated in that job fair, I remembered our approved business proposal in technopreneurship 1. We call it Tympanic. It is a digital thermometer which automatically records the results of the test conducted to the patient. It has also an usb connector which helps in the fast transfer of the data in their main units. It is a great help especially for the nurses because by this, they will not be hustled to record in a piece of paper all the results in the test they have conducted. It makes their work easier than the usual thing they are doing. We believe that it is a great help in the field of medicine because now, we must cope up with the changes on our society, now that we are in a highly technological kind of society. It will make their works more reliable and fast balancing to the demands of the society.
As I go home, I have realized that you can bring the serendipity experience to places you think you already know. It’s a kind of walk you will surely remember. Creativity demands serendipitying. I developed a model of creativity years ago after working with artists and other creative people. I termed the phrase ‘foraging’ to describe the serendipity experience of wandering that happens at the beginning ( and thru) a creative process. It’s a kind of walk (sometime physical) thru ideas and images and fragments of sound – everything that could somehow spark a creative idea or theme for an exhibition or sound for a symphony is foraged. A kind of musing on connections and disconnections. Wander your street, your city, your workplace as if you’ve never been there before… wander into conversations with people you know and let go of an agenda or a perception or an expectation. Decide to wander the known with a specific intensity – try and only hear women’s voices or see shades of blue or the scent of certain food. As long as my main objective is to help our country, I will not quit on thinking other ideas that will surely make our community prosper. I will just walk and walk and walk. And I believe that along that path I can find a one of a kind stone that will help rebuild the economy of our community. I am hoping that I am not just the only one dreaming for this, I am hoping that each and every individual of this community is thinking for the better future of our country.
Feel free to explore on new things. Just walk. See where that leads you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment