CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

What Am I Living For?

The search for the purpose of life has puzzled people for thousands of years. That’s because we typically begin at the wrong starting point-ourselves. But the reality is, focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life’s purpose. “You were made by God and for God- and until you understand that, life will never make sense”. That quote woke me up from my senses. Before I have read the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren, I was one of the thousands of people searching what on earth we are living for. That book made me realize a lot of things. The purpose of your life is far greater than our own personal fulfillment. If you want to know why you were placed on this world, you must begin with God because you were born by His purpose and for His purpose. In science, the easiest way to know the purpose of an invention is to ask the creator of it. That is synonymous to our situation. If we want to know what really our purpose is, we must ask God. As I read the Bible, I have realized that God has clearly revealed His purposes for our lives there.
·         I was created to become like Christ
                Though it is very hard to be like Him I believe that it is one of my life’s greatest purposes. It is a great privilege for us human beings to be created in the image and likeness of God. My goal is not to become a god but to become godly-taking on His values, attitudes and character. As a daughter of God, I must defeat temptations, I must grow through temptation, and I must learn from my mistakes and be transformed by the truth. I know it’s not easy, it takes time, a lot of time, but through Him and my faith in Him I believe I can do it.
·         I was created to become part of God’s family
Because God is love, he treasures relationships. He didn’t need a family-He desired one, so He devised to create us and bring us into His family. I believe that I was created to help cultivate our community, to make people feel how happy to experience life together, to help restore broken relationships and lastly and most importantly to help protect our church.
·         I was created for a mission
In our school, we are given assignments by our teacher; it’s just the same with what God wanted us to do. In this crazy world, God wants us to join Him. I have read in the book that, God wants us to have both a ministry in the Body of Christ and a mission in the world. Our ministry is our service to believers and our mission is our service to unbelievers. Again, it is not that easy to fulfill that mission because, I know in myself know that I am not that worthy to spread the words of God because I myself is not fully doing what must be done by a true Christian. I make mistakes often times but as I become a Youth for Christ, I realize that God is very kind. To the fact that even though I did not follow Him for a long period of time, He still forgives me and gave me the honor to serve as a leader in our campus. I am very blessed to be a leader in YFC because by that I learn to believe in myself and in what I can do. Now, I will continue to serve God and spread His words through the Youth for Christ.
The ultimate goal of the universe is to show the glory of God. It is the reason for everything that exists, including us. Without God’s glory, there would be nothing. Living the rest of my life for the glory of God has made a change in my priorities, my schedule, my relationships, and everything else. It will sometimes mean choosing a difficult path instead of an easy one. Real life begins by committing yourself completely to God. If you are not sure you can do this, all you need to do is believe and receive. First, believe. Believe that you are not an accident. Believe that God loves you and he made you for His purpose. Believe that you are made to last forever and believe that no matter what you’ve done, God wants to forgive you. Second, receive. Receive Jesus in your life as your Lord and Savior. Receive His forgiveness for all the sins that you have committed and receive His spirit, who will give you the power to fulfill your life’s purpose.

“Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless”
Bertrand Russell, atheist

No comments:

Post a Comment